Healthy Structure And Real Adventures
Our sober living programs help our clients develop a healthy structure and instill in our residents a strong work ethic, improved self-sufficiency and the desire to be responsible for their own actions. Even though we’re all about finding thrills in sobriety, we know how critical structure is to the recovery process.
Every resident undergoes a selective interview and evaluation process to determine if they’re the right fit for our program. From the initial assessment, we work with each client to create a plan for their Path to Recovery. On this path, we provide a multitude of programs to help with sobriety from our Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) to our Outdoor Recovery Program that provides our clients with the chance to live in the moment, build social skills and gain the self-confidence they need as they move into their new fulfilling life of sobriety.
At Real Recovery we are age and gender specific, serving young men ages 18 to 28. We also serve men in their late 20s/early 30s on a case-by-case basis. Violent and sexual crime offenders are prohibited from Real Recovery.
Men’s Program highlights:
- 16 full-time staff members
- Maximum of 40 residents within our residences
- Structured daily activities
- Structured Substance Use Outpatient Treatment in Downtown Asheville (IOP, OP and Aftercare)
- Intensive case management
- Vocational support
- Educational support
- Life skills/resume building
- 24-hour house manager on shift
- 2.5:1 client-to-clinician ratio
- Random, frequent and thorough drug and alcohol screening
- A brotherhood of love and support
Our structure does not mean a rigid, unforgiving routine. Nonetheless, every resident is expected to follow our house rules:
- Stay sober.
- Participate in all sober living programs.
- Pass application screening.
- Actively seek a life beyond your wildest dream.
- Work and/or attend school.
Medication Assisted Treatment Program
Many young men who are addicted to heroin or opiates find themselves struggling to maintain sobriety, even after the completion of one or more treatment programs. The overwhelming risk of continued use or relapse sometimes leads to a recommendation that includes the use of medication assisted treatment, such as Sublocade, a monthly buprenorphine injection, or Vivitrol. Real Recovery’s commitment to young men in recovery is inclusive of those individuals who are appropriately taking medication to overcome their addiction. Our unique medication assisted treatment offers clients a safe, structured and responsible sober living environment while also fully addressing their medication needs.
A responsible approach to Medication Assisted Treatment in Sober Living
Our goal is to provide a safe, judgement-free refuge for young men whose path to recovery includes the use of Sublocade or Vivitrol.
- Medication is secured by staff at all times.
- Sublocade is a once a month subcutaneous injection. This allows our clients the freedom from daily dosing and removes the ritual of taking medication.
- Real Recovery’s board-certified addiction psychiatrist prescribes all medication.
- Clients participate in clinical treatment programming up to 5 days/week at Intensive Outpatient or Partial Hospitalization Program.
- Weekly drug screens are conducted to ensure all medications are at intended therapeutic levels.